Our Sunshine Coast accommodation is conveniently located between Mooloolaba and Maroochydore, in the beachside area of Alexandra Headland. The Mirage Alexandra Headland is a four and a half star resort and the perfect location for any event, family holidays, weddings and honeymoons. Or just kick back and relax enjoying perfectly located accommodation on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
Here’s six reasons to stay at The Mirage Alex:
- Walk or cycle the coastal path along the beachfront from Alexandra Headland to Mooloolaba or Maroochydore. Take your time and take in the breathtaking coastal views and maybe you might catch site of a breeching whale (during whale season May to September). Also look for other marine creatures such as dolphins, turtles and seabirds.
- Hang ten and surf the waves of Alexandra Headland beach. If you’re a surfing novice learn to surf in the gentle waves off the beach a Alexandra Headland with an experienced surf school.
- Check out the viewing platform and memorial to the ship and crew of the HMAS Brisbane perched atop Alexandra Headland. The memorial with majestic views overlooking Alexandra Headland and Mooloolaba beach, points to the ship’s final resting place offshore.
- Explore the rock pools at Alexandra Headland beach or Mooloolaba beach. These rock pools are great to explore (with or without a bucket) at low tide. The pools have sea weeds and algae, limpets, anemones and a seemingly infinite variety of hermit crabs.
- Join the coffee set and find one of the many beachfront cafes to enjoy a coffee and some people watching. Or enjoy an afternoon drink from the balcony of Alexandra Headland Surf Club located in prime position along the coastline.
- Take a stroll across the road to the picturesque Lake Nelson Park, home to many water birds, including some elegant swans. Come at the right time of year and watch the baby cygnets or maybe some ducklings with their parents.
Choose from a great range of accommodation options perfect for your requirements. With 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, all with fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, spacious interiors and an outdoor balcony area there will be plenty of space for everyone. Take advantage of the fantastic range of onsite facilities which include a range of pools from lap to the kiddy’s pool. Enjoy a workout in the gym before a sauna and spa. Shoot some hoops on the half court basketball court, a game of tennis or indoor bowls at the adjacent Sunshine Coast bowling centre. For the younger members of the family there is an onsite playground or nearby to this Alexandra Headland accommodation resort you will find the newly refurbished Skateboard Park.