The Sunshine Coast is fast becoming a food lover’s heaven with a smorgasbord of fresh produce, gourmet foods, farm gate fare and seafood straight from the ocean. There are many ways to sample the local produce treasures of the Sunshine Coast by either designing your own food tour itinerary or by booking a gourmet food tour with one of the local tour companies. Here is a foodies guide to the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Food Trail
Create your own food tour by using the Sunshine Coast Food Trail easy mapping tool. The Food Trail mobile site shows visitors where to go to explore the way food goes from paddock to plate with a full rundown of venues such as wineries, restaurants, farms and markets.
For example, you can select Maroochydore to Noosa as the region you wish to cover, then choose your interest, such as farm gates, food tourist attractions, farmers markets or cooking schools, and the app will create a list of what’s available in the region.
Sunshine Coast Cooking Schools
The ultimate foodie experience is to shop for your fresh ingredients, learn how to cook it and then get to devour it afterwards, at a Sunshine Coast cooking school. Try these cooking schools for starters:
- Spirit House at Yandina if you harbour a love for Asian cuisine has four-hour-long group lessons that can be booked for both morning and night.
- Tamarind Cooking School in Maleny offers a range of cooking classes from Thai to French to Italian, taught by award-winning head chef Daniel Jarrett.
- The Cooking School Noosa offers exclusive classes with chefs from Noosa’s Wasabi restaurant as well as guest chefs from around the country. Prices vary.
Sunshine Coast Food Tours
1. Mystic Mountain Tours takes you on a comfortable bus tour featuring spectacular sights along the way, warm hospitality and Sunshine Coast delicious cuisine. Food tours include:
- Maleny & Montville Gourmet Tour
- Country Picnic Tour
- Hidden Food Unearthed
2. Or take a look at Tastes of the Sunshine Coast day tour every Tuesday with Sunair Bus Service with visits to the Ginger Factory, Nutworks, Pioneer Coffee, Maleny Cheese and Maleny Mountain Winery.
3. Live It Tours is the only tour company that takes you behind the scenes like never before to uncover the Sunshine Coast’s unique lifestyle, culture and fresh seasonal produce.
Sunshine Coast Farmers Markets
A definite must do is a trip to one of the Sunshine Coast’s fantastic local farmers markets, where you can pick up the freshest seasonal produce to create your own sumptuous meal.
Check out markets locally at:
- Big Pineapple Markets, Nambour every Saturday
- Eumundi Markets every Wednesday and Saturday
- Noosa Farmer Markets on Sunday
- Twilight Community Markets at Mooloolaba on Friday night
- Hinterland Harvest Market at Woombye on Saturday
- Pomono Country Market every 2nd and 4th Saturday
- Yandina Markets every Saturday
- Cotton Tree Markets, Maroochydore every Sunday
- Maroochydore’s Fishermans Road Sunday Markets
- Mooloolaba Collective Market on 4th Sunday of each month
Pick up your fresh produce from the markets and bring it back to your fully equipped kitchen in your holiday apartment at The Mirage Alex.
Spend your next Sunshine Coast holiday indulging in a food lover’s paradise. BOOK NOW